YOU ARE NOT THE WORST
ave you ever felt as if you are the worst thing God created? Have you ever felt like you are the worst sinner? Have you ever thought that you are the worst sinner? Or…have you ever felt like God does not/will not love you? There is hope for you. I make bold to tell you that Jesus loves a sinner like you. He loves you the way you are. Let me tell you the truth, you are not worse than:
- Peter, the fisherman who “left all and followed Christ” MATTHEW4:18-20; 19:27;
- Zacchaeus, the dubious, rich dwarf who “climbed a sycamore tree in order to see Jesus” LUKE 19:1-10. The Bible states that Jesus looked up and told him “come down immediately. I must stay at your house today…this day salvation has entered your house…for the son of man came to seek and to save what was lost”;
- The Samaritan woman who had no husband but had slept with five already. The one she had as at the time she met Jesus was not her husband. The Bible makes us understand that it was through her that many Samaritans came to believe in Jesus. JOHN 4:4-30; 39-42.
- Saul (later renamed Paul), who persecuted Christians and who later became the greatest among the apostles of Christ. He wrote so many books in the Bible;
- The prodigal son who squandered his father’s riches with women in a foreign land but who later repented, went back, and begged his father for forgiveness; and many others.
What I am saying in essence is that no matter the weight of sin you’ve committed, Is it bloodshed? Abortion? Bribery/corruption? Rape? Armed robbery? Deceit? Unforgiveness? Hatred? Covetousness? Etc. Jesus still loves you and He is ever ready to take you back as His own. Hear what he says in ISAIAH 1:18-19: come now let us reason together, though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword.
It is God’s earnest desire that no one should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 PETER 2:9) because to him, you are worth more than many sparrows MATTHEW 10:31.
Is it rest you need? He says come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. MATTHEW 11:28.
I therefore implore you today to arise, move out of that darkness; that miry clay; that sinful lifestyle, and come to Jesus. He is everything you need to succeed. Remember he died for you. If you believe in Him, you will not perish but have eternal life for Jesus came not to condemn you but to save you. Whoever believes in him is not condemned but whoever does not believe stands condemned already. JOHN 3:16-18.
You are being taught now with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. EPHESIANS 4:22-24.
As many as did receive Him, he gave the right/authority to become children of God. That is what JOHN 1:12 Says. This implies confessing your sins, accepting Him into your life as the Lord over all your affairs, and living your life right. This is very different from going to church for years. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN. That’s what Jesus said.
Make that decision today because tomorrow may be too late. Harden not your heart because there is no repentance in Hell.
JESUS LOVES YOU!